MenemenRecipe of the Month: Turkey
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
1 small onion, finely diced (about 3/4 cup)
3/4 cup finely diced shishito, padron, or Chinese green long pepper
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh ripe peeled tomatoes or drained canned tomatoes
4 eggs, lightly beaten
Minced fresh chives, for garnish
1. In a medium non-stick or cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over low heat until barely warm.
2. Add paprika, oregano, onion, and peppers. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. Cook, stirring frequently, until very soft, about 8 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until deepened in color.
5. Remove half of mixture and reserve.
6. Return pan to heat and add eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until just barely set.
7. Immediately remove from heat and gently fold in reserved vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with chives.